Edmonton Real Estate Lawyers
Home buyers face many challenges when finding the right fit and closing a real estate transaction. We are here to help you through the process and can assist you with all legal matters related to real estate law. Reach out to us.
Top Real Estate Law Services We Offer:
- Home purchases & sales
- Mortgage financing & details
- Construction agreements
- Residential real estate disputes
- And much more…
Common Questions Regarding Real Estate Law FAQs
For a purchaser
· Review title to ensure that there are no registrations that would remain and adversely affect your interest
· Make sure that the buyer’s obligations under the purchase contract are met
· Handle mortgage documentation and the client’s responsibilities to the bank
· Report to and advise the client and lender
For a seller
· Obtain title information and ensure that the seller’s obligations with respect to title are met
· Prepare documentation to be provided for the transfer of title
· Ensure that all mortgages and obligations of the seller are removed from title
· Assist the seller in ensuring that all obligations pursuant to the sale contract are met
It is best to contact a lawyer before you sign an offer to purchase, whether you are buying or selling. Once you sign the contract, you are bound by it. If you have any questions or are unclear about the meaning of any terms of the contract, a lawyer can explain them to you. Once you sign the contract, you are bound by its terms. Any disagreements as to what the terms are understood to mean can lead to delays at best and costly lawsuits at worst.
Insight Law charges a flat fee plus expenses and GST. Expenses vary from file to file with the major expenses being the registration costs for a transfer and a mortgage. If you know the purchase price and mortgage amount, we are happy to give you a reliable estimate of the legal costs of your transaction.