Carolyn practices family law, collaborative family law, mediation, wills and estates, and family-focused civil litigation. Her families look to her for legal advice and services that are goal oriented, positive and forward thinking.
Carolyn has successfully represented people in Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench. She can help you with legal issues concerning:
- Divorce and separation
- Custody and access
- Child and spousal support
- Contact orders
- Property division
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Estate planning
- Estate litigation
- Estate administration
- Family-focused civil litigation
If you are interested in settling your divorce or separation without going to court, Carolyn is also a Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer and a Practising Mediator.
Carolyn truly believes that a goal-oriented approach to family legal matters helps you maintain your integrity while standing up for what you need.
Prior to practising law, Carolyn spent almost a decade managing communications for an international educational technology company, and, before that, she spent over a decade as a publisher of, among other things, children’s picture books. She is active in the LGBTQ community, plays guitar with her all-girl band the Jamtarts, and writes poetry when inspiration strikes.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta
- Master of Arts (Communications & Technology), University of Alberta
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta
Memberships & Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Collaborative Divorce Association of Alberta
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Alberta Chapter
- Alberta Family Mediation Society
- ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) Institute of Alberta