Carolyn has successfully represented people in Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench. She can help you with legal issues concerning:
- Divorce and separation
- Custody and access
- Child and spousal support
- Contact orders
- Property division
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Estate planning
- Estate litigation
- Estate administration
- Family-focused civil litigation
If you are interested in settling your divorce or separation without going to court, Carolyn is also a Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer and a Practising Mediator.
Carolyn truly believes that a goal-oriented approach to family legal matters helps you maintain your integrity while standing up for what you need.
Prior to practising law, Carolyn spent almost a decade managing communications for an international educational technology company, and, before that, she spent over a decade as a publisher of, among other things, children’s picture books. She is active in the LGBTQ community, plays guitar with her all-girl band the Jamtarts, and writes poetry when inspiration strikes.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta
- Master of Arts (Communications & Technology), University of Alberta
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta
Memberships & Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Collaborative Divorce Association of Alberta
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Alberta Chapter
- Alberta Family Mediation Society